Manual pages?

Ian Piumarta ian at vpri.org
Tue Nov 29 22:11:35 EST 2011

Dear Developers,

Fedora/XO newbie here.  Sorry if this is a FAQ -- I couldn't find a working solution in the wiki.

'yum install man man-pages' installs 6.5 MB of man-db and man-pages packages, but after the install there are no man pages.  /usr[/local]/share/man/* are all empty directories.

Based on a comment in an old ticket (http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5161) I tried commenting the %_excludedocs in /etc/rpm/macros.imgcreate and resinstalled the packages (and also erase + install again), but still no man pages: /usr/share/man remains empty, and "find / -name 'ls.1*'" yields nothing.

Any information or suggestions on how to obtain a local set of man pages would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Regards,
Ian