12.1.0 devel build 2 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Nov 29 12:31:55 EST 2011

Object Chooser  sugar 0.95-2  (on XO-1.5 screen)

Selecting 'OLPC root' icon appears to give the same view as selecting
'Journal' icon.

Also a human factors difficulty - when there are more entries in Object
Chooser than will fit on one screen, the scroll bar at the right edge is
much too narrow.  I tried to 'click' within the scrollbar (to scroll one
page's worth), but accidentally mispositioned the cursor (off the narrow
scrollbar image) and my 'click' got interpreted as selecting the entry
where the cursor had strayed.

mikus

p.s.  The above-described incident illustrates the lack within Object
Chooser (i.e., within Sugar) of a "No I didn't want that!" facility
[i.e., "BACK"]..  To return to where I had been when I made the
accidental click, I had to exit the Activity (which had acted upon the
unwanted entry); and restart that Activity;  and in Object Chooser to
indicate the (in this case external) device I wanted to access -- and
then wait for Object Chooser to again present its listing of that
device's objects.