12.1.0 devel build 2 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:12:45 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> Known issues:
>> - Browse doesn't work
>> - Read doesn't work

Unfortunately its not quite that simple.

> The reason Browse doesn't work is that the OLPC-customized? hulahop package
> is not included in the build.  [Neither is xulrunner.]

hulahop hasn't and won't be converted to xulrunner 4/5/6/7/8 and hence
it won't run even if it was installed. See threads regarding gtk3,
webkit and Browse

> The reason Read doesn't work is that python is unable to import 'evince'
> (perhaps because gnome-python2-evince isn't in F17).

The gnome-python2-evince are dead upstream because
gnome-python2-evince/pygtk2 is built against gtk2 and evince is built
against gtk3 and hence won't work. The required bits for the
gobject-introspection support in evince are now in this new build so
hopefully soon we'll see an updated Read that has been converted to
the new gtk3 sugar-toolkit.

Peter