Raspberry Pi as development platform for XO-1.75

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Nov 26 11:10:54 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 26 2011, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> How useful could a Raspberry Pi be as a development platform for the XO-1.75?
>
> It looks like the Pi is ARM11 based (v6 arch) and the XO has a v7 arch.

You've correctly described why it probably won't be useful -- almost
every distribution compiles for ARMv7, including Fedora and Ubuntu,
so our builds won't boot on it at all.

Since you can create ARM binaries on an x86 machine with a cross
compiler, or on the 1.75 itself, the only use case I can think of for
it relating to 1.75 development would have been running our builds.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child