11.3.1 build 13 released for XO-1.75

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Nov 23 15:51:49 EST 2011

I also ran into the problem that suspends take longer than on
earlier OSs.   Frequently a three second wakeup has passed
before suspend completes.  Even a six second wakeup hangs
occasionally.   I added pgf's code to tell the kernel to abort a
suspend if a wakeup event has happened during the
suspend operation to my script, and it fixed the problem.

I then ran into the problem that os13 is that it doesn't actually
suspend.   This appears to be related to EC code --- if it hasn't
updated the EC code it works fine.    Linux thinks it is suspending,
but the power light never blinks.   Also seems to relate to having
DC power provided.

powerd is too aggressive on suspend, given that USB doesn't
work after a resume.   You have to work fast to get something
onto the laptop from a USB stick.

Cheers,
wad