[support-gang] Activities won't auto-install from USB "bundles" folder onto 11.3.0?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 10 20:15:16 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 07:25:14PM -0500, Holt wrote:
> 2) Our cheap 2GB Micro Center USB sticks work great for reflashing,
> but fail about 50% of the time as Customization Sticks, ...

It might not be a quality issue with the USB drives.  It might be an
incompatibility.  The customisation stick role requires a different
pattern of access by OpenFirmware.  Knowing that the different pattern
of access causes a problem is good data.

> Aside: our XO-1s all contain build 883 and firmware Q2E48.

Q2E49 and Q2F05 have significant improvements to USB drive support for
XO-1, thanks to work by Mitch Bradley.  I've been testing this support.
Q2E48 does not have these changes.

Recommend you either:

1.  try these USB drives with Q2E49 or Q2F05, in particular as
customisation sticks, or;

2.  send me one.

--
James Cameron