Activities won't auto-install from USB "bundles" folder onto 11.3.0?

Adam Holt canoe.berry at
Wed Nov 9 20:19:26 EST 2011

Any reason auto-installation of Activities is failing on Release 11.3.0 =
Build 883 XO-1s, from a USB stick's "bundles" directory?

The "bundles" & "boot" directories worked from the exact same USB stick onto
 build 860 (and build 874 too I think).  Very sadly these instructions
suddenly seem not to work anymore: (for us!)

I tried 4 different brands of USB memory sticks to be sure -- anything else I can
try?  We've tried this both during the clean install to 11.3.0, and
separately after completing these reflash steps:

Manually installing our 16 custom Sugar Activities across 50 XOs will be a
*huge* drag/drain overnight; we're rather desperate if folks have any
ideas at all!

Help kids everywhere map their world, at