Announcing the development of OLPC OS 11.3.1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 9 11:14:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been making a considerable effort to perform QA review for
> build-breaking  PO errors across languages (the two primary candidates are
> printf and ending newlines), I hope that the incidence of translations
> causing build problems will be significantly mitigated.
>
> As for the layout issues and toolbar overflow, I don't know how you would
> expect to identify those issues without putting those languages into a
> build.

I completely agree that they should be included in a build. The
changes should go into 12.1.0 (in fact these fixes are probably
already included in build 1 published a few days ago).

I greatly appreciate your efforts but with so much work ahead of us on
the 12.1.0 track for a small team it is important to keep 11.3.1 as
limited scope so that we do not get distracted. Each and every change
requires a significant amount of collaboration of a number of people
on coding, packaging, building, releasing and testing, which (in cases
like this, in my opinion) is better spent on 12.1.0.

Daniel