[Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:06:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps in an effort to optimize the
> > ubifs file system and reduce the footprint of the install, some important
> > component necessary to boot has been omitted?
>
> No changes were planned or expected on the ubifs front -- can you
> confirm your downloaded uim/onu files are not corrupt?

Well, I have downloaded three different times from three different
workstations - mac at my office, windows at my home, and even F16
wirelessly at a Starbucks :-o)  - and created three different sticks.  All
perform identically.  The entire 'animation' process finishes, it goes back
to the OK prompt, then either a 'reboot', or a cold restart, immediately
boots to OFW OK prompt.

Also I downloaded some old ubifs developer builds and they all still work
marvellously on these machines.

Do we have any others who have successfully used the update-nand technique
using the uim and onu files on machines with disabled security out and
about?  I'm willing to continue to try to isolate.