Fwd: Re: [Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:33:08 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and
XO-1
To: forster at ozonline.com.au

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> Some XO-1's can't handle ubifs
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11094
> Is there any chance this is related?

It would appear to be unrelated.  All three of these XO-1's  can run all
previous ubifs developer builds.  They just cannot boot the 12.1.0  os/1.

Kidding aside on my quasi technical comment, on the previous ubifs, the
blue squares on the re-flash install animation started on line 1, and
continued for almost an entire row,  On this one, the squares now start
mid-row 2 and are less than a quarter of a row long.  Perhaps in an effort
to optimize the ubifs file system and reduce the footprint of the install,
some important component necessary to boot has been omitted?

KG