XO-1.75 relative performance

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:51:20 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was referring, of course, to the need for a 1GB memory to support the
> 3D
> > drivers which appear to be required by the future Fedora releases. That
> > sound scary!

On the 1gb XO 1.5, I have experimented in loading up many applications
concurrently, and have never seen any usage of a linux-swap partition that
is installed and mounted on the SD card. On the other hand, on the 256Mb
XO-1, that swap partition gets used regularly when I have multiple
applications open.  I am hoping that if the 1.75 goes back to 512Mb, that
this won't mean that one will need a swap partition again for multi-app
performance.

Just my 1.9 cents worth.