[Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Nov 7 10:50:53 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
> There's nothing in that discussion thread about keeping a knob to
> enable fallback mode. The title of the thread says it all.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome_shell_software_rendering
states clearly that the fallback knob will still exist (and will
actually be converted to a tristate for some setups) and that fallback
mode will still be available for a while. It also details the
significant amount of work needed before it can be totally removed.

I don't doubt that the long term plan is to drop the fallback mode,
but for Fedora 17 it seems clear that fallback mode will still be
present.

Daniel