XO-1.75 relative performance

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:27:27 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:
> It sounds like the XO-1.75 Sugar will not be operable on XO-1 (and possibly
> XO-1.5). I assume there is a clear commitment to continue support of Sugar
> for XO-1 and XO-1.5.

No issues with Sugar. The discussion here is about the "conventional
desktop". We currently ship Gnome, which is going very high-end in its
hw requirements.

The deep question at play is: can we wrangle Gnome 3 into being usable
across our hw platforms? If not, will we switch desktop platform? If
we switch desktop platform, do we do that for all platforms, or only
the oldest ones?

Are you personally prepared for the impending flamewar over the cute
bikeshed about the choice of desktop platform? Stock up on popcorn!

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions