XO bluetooth support

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Nov 1 10:47:16 EDT 2011

it seems that there's more interest in bluetooth support on the XO
laptops than there has been in the past -- unsurprising, i guess,
given the number of bt devices now available.

i don't know how quickly we can get the support into an OLPC release, but
regardless, i'd like to solicit input on what support, exactly, we
should provide in the kernel.  i know that i, personally, don't know
the linux bluetooth stack well enough to know what kernel modules are
required.

userspace support is a different, somewhat less pressing issue, since
yum update works for many (but not all, i realize) of our users.

please update http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11285 with specific
suggestions or requirements.  if someone would like to open an
equivalent ticket for userspace package requirements, that would be
dandy as well.

thanks!
paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org