F14-build size

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 25 04:13:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:50:03AM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> [1] http://www.olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=4965.msg33320#msg33320

This poster kimtoufectis somehow conflates build size with swap space,
but the important points are covered; that there is little "disk" space
for installing new activities or downloading files.  These points can't
be fixed by adding swap space, and so the remainder of the argument
relating to swap space as a complex solution can be dismissed.

One argument isn't described there, and that is that olpc-update fails.
This is covered in the 10.1.3 release notes in the Update section.

I can't find a bug in the 11.2.0 series that looks for a way to trim the
builds.

Removing unwanted activities is the fastest way to free up space.  The
available space is shown when you right-click on the journal.

I agree that the build is too big on the XO-1, leaving insufficient free
space on disk.  I don't agree that swap space is required.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/