Installing powerd on earlier F11 builds

James Cameron quozl at
Wed May 25 00:32:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:37:05PM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> certainly not as serious as with XO-1.5:
> what's not clear is a) whether this condition can be caused by
> lid-switch, and b) whether it can be caused in your charging
> racks.  from my experience with those racks, i suspect the effects
> won't be as severe as with vertical stacking.

Agreed.  Still, one wouldn't want a learner to touch those surfaces, and
although the effects are less severe on XO-1 than on XO-1.5, they are
still of a considerable level.

The LCD panel damage on those test units is still present after seven
months.  Annoys me no end when I see it.  ;-)

James Cameron