Installing powerd on earlier F11 builds

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Tue May 24 08:00:27 EDT 2011

On 24 May 2011 14:42, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> hi sridhar -- i'll take a stab at more detailed answers to all of
> these questions tomorrow..  powerd was developed initially on machines
> that had ohmd installed (i think the rpm still tries to uninstall
> ohmd first) so it's probably not far from working.  but it's entirely
> possible (likely) that some support for older kernels has been lost
> along the way, or, more correctly, that newer powerd features depend
> on fixes/features in newer kernels.
>
> obviously a system upgrade would be preferable...  but i'm sure you feel
> the same way.  :-)

Thanks Paul. Obviously a full OS upgrade is the ideal solution, but
we've been having a hard time over the past few months getting people
on the ground to do this.

There is still a danger of these XOs overheating, so we are looking to
develop a solution that is as painless and quick to deploy as
possible.

Sridhar