Replicating XO experience in a VM

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at
Tue May 17 15:11:40 EDT 2011

Excerpts from James Cameron's message of Tue May 17 06:02:40 +0200 2011:
> If I were doing this, I would take an OLPC OS or your derivative, add a
> conventional Fedora kernel to /boot, then add and configure grub.
> If you have done that, tell us the result?

Been there, done that and failed. [1]

Since a regular F14 VM works quite fine with the same kernel (the stock
Fedora one), I'm at a loss. Help fixing the segfault issue would be
welcome; the offer to post the WIP patches stands.