new list subscriber intro - request OLPC serial adapter

jbalcomb at jbalcomb at
Wed May 11 13:23:35 EDT 2011

Hi, I'm the head of Laptops to Lesotho Inc.  We distribute refurbished
G1G1 XO-1 laptops that we purchase on ebay to children in remote villages
in Lesotho, Africa.

I am fairly new to laptop repair, but I'm slowly learning how to refurbish
the XOs.  We're preparing for our second deployment, and we've got 5 XO-1s
that won't boot.  I belive they are bricked.  I've worked through the
troubleshooting guides, and I am at the point where I need a serial
adapter to continue.

Can anyone tell me where I can get one?

Janissa Balcomb