QEMU and VMWare OLPC image on Kubuntu 11.04 crash

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:06:57 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

as i don't know how to submit a bug, i speak about my problem here
(furthermore, i did not manage to take a screen capture from QEMU showing
the XOrg error)

   - my system is a Kubuntu 11.04, and my graphical card is ATI Radeon
   HD4330. The catalyst pilot is the most recent
   - i installed QEMU and downloaded Sugar OLPC-649.zip from
   http://dev.laptop.org/pub/virtualbox/ (and verified MD5 hash)
   - when i start QEMU with the image=>the menu screen is partially shown =>
   then i have some errors on a black and white screen (those kind of errors
   you have when your linux Xorg service can't start) => then the menu screen
   is partially shown => the error screen => and so on ...
   - as the transitions between the two screen are two fast, i can't see the
   error messages

So i wonder :

   - what boot options should i enter in order to be able to see the errors
   ? (i think of something as saying the initlevel and then starting xorg by
   myself, but i am not very strong knowledged about linux) ?
   - should i post you the errors ?

Regards