F14/XO-1 mtdblock device mounting

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 10:35:16 EDT 2011

I managed to mess-up the /bootpart of os18 in the XO-1 (BTW is too small to install a second kernel) and I need to recover some debugging info before I reflash.
Booting from a USB and trying `mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /nand' fails with "Empty flash at 0x3... end at 0x3..."
This is true if mtdblock1 or 2 is used.

I did not manage to find if device naming has changed for F14 builds.
My understanding was that a small jffs2-formatted device (mtdblock0) holds the bootpart and and a ubifs-formatted large one (mtdblock1?) everything else.
However, I also failed to mount the ubifs formatted device in any way.

The short question is:
what would be the commands to mount the F14, XO-1 NAND partitions when booting from an external device.
Thanks