XO power management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 24 10:31:59 EDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 09:45 AM, Ismael Schinca wrote:
> We would really like to have a relatively accurate result *as fast as
> possible *of the condition of a battery. That's what I'm trying to get to.
> I could run the olpc-pwr-log on 15 batteries aprox. Used batteries but
> in a "probably good" condition.

If you run _exactly_ the same test under the same conditions. Same
temperature, same test duration, same XO, then it might be possible to
compare the current voltage, to the SOC and make a fast assessment.  The
battery voltage is dependent on a lot of different variables and those
will need to be held constant.

The profiles you are about to generate will tell us if this is possible.

> I'm also trying to get some really bad but functioning batteries to test
> them. Don't have them yet.

Sounds good.

> I'll try to run the script on those 15 batteries today and share the
> results here. I could attach the csv files for example. My idea is to
> deplete the batteries and run the script from that point on. Let me know
> if you would prefer another procedure.

Today?  Each charge takes approx 2 hours. Are you going to do it on 15
different XO's?   That procedure is fine for the charge files.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child