XO power management

Ismael Schinca ischinca at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Thu Mar 24 08:20:08 EDT 2011

Hello everyone, I'm trying to perform some tests on XO battery life
performance and I have some questions which I couldn't find a clear answer
in the wiki or this list:

- When the battery level is "critically low" the OS (Sugar 0.88 based
Dextrose) performs a safe shutdown. I would like to know what is the exact
condition that triggers this.

- Likewise, at some level controlled by the XO EC, the battery led light
begins to flash orange/red. I would also like to know which is the exact
condition that triggers this. Is it the SOC, battery voltage, ACR... ? And
what level triggers this condition? I would also like to know the level in
which the XO performs a "hard" poweroff.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,
Ismael