XO-1.1 differences

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:22:06 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> While more testing is good, I would point out that Jon's frankenstein
> machine is much more different from the hardware you
> will be installing onto than the original XO-1 (CL1).
>
> The ONLY differences between the CL1A and CL1 laptops is the
> single-mode capacitive touchpad instead of the dual mode
> resistive/capacitive one.

As I figured, my hardware modifications were not exactly the same as
the production ones.  Even so I will report back that I was able to
install and run the requested image on my "frankenstein" XO1 with an
XO 1.5 keyboard and mouse.

Sridhar I hope that gives you a bit more confidence in your upgrade
path.  Good luck.

-Jon