cpia driver for microscope: any success?

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:26:05 EST 2011

Cherry:

I was not able to get that particular Intel microscope to work with Cheese
on my little Ubuntu 10.04 Lenovo either.  The Ubuntu folk told me that it
was not UVC compliant.  That it was CPIA instead of V4L didnt seem to
interest them.  Their support ceased at the "non-UVC" statement.  I am not
deep enough down in the terminology to confirm or deny the theory.  What I
can say is that neither guvcview nor cheese can 'see' that specific
microscope on non-customized F11/OLPC or Ubuntu 10.04.  Whether it could on
the customization suggested by Chris, I have not tested.

Sorry,

KG