Interesting USB-pluggable robots, controller boards, and sensors

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Fri Mar 4 15:12:52 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> One of the key pushes for 11.2.0 is robots, controlled boards and
> sensors. We want to know...
>
>  - Which are the interesting and achievable robots/boards/sensors?
> Right now we have WeDo, NXT, ScratchBoard, Pico, GoGo -- all can be
> connected and need minor tweaking to work.

 - Given that most (all?) are usb-connected, what are their usb
> signatures -- for the udev rules?
>
> Gonzalo and I will populate http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0/Robotics_plan:-)
>
> Other robot/controlled/sensor devices that aren't easily supportable
> right now should be listed here http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Robotics or
> here http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Peripherals/Robots .
>
> cheers,

We can work together in supporting Arduino for Scratch and TurtleArt.

for Scratch (as listed on the robotics plan page) there is a good project
that can be integrated.

 http://seaside.citilab.eu/scratch/arduino

My 2 pesos ;).