Kernel SRPM for XO-1.75

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:19:09 EDT 2011

Hi Peter,

you've been prodding me for an SRPM of the kernel. I've tweaked the
spec file so it _should_ be able to build a natively compiled rpm if
you build on arm, and still cross-compile if you are on a different
platform.

http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/xo1.75kernels/kernel-2.6.39_xo1.75-20110629.1418.olpc.451f98d.src.rpm

To crosscompile

 - grab http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/gcc-4.6.0-from-x86_64-to-armv7.tar.bz2
, unpack into /opt/crosstool/gcc-4.6.0
 - say --target=armv7l to rpmbuild

This is built from the tip of the linux-2.6.39-mlscratch branch at
http://dev.laptop.org/git/xo1.75-kernel-bringup/ - if you clone that
repo, you can just say

 make ARCH=arm xo_1_75_rpm

By default it'll use /tmp/olpc-kernel as the scratch build dir --
provision it accordingly. If you're building on XOs, external HDDs
need a powered hub...

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions