Kernel SRPM for XO-1.75

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jun 29 15:19:09 EDT 2011

Hi Peter,

you've been prodding me for an SRPM of the kernel. I've tweaked the
spec file so it _should_ be able to build a natively compiled rpm if
you build on arm, and still cross-compile if you are on a different

To crosscompile

 - grab
, unpack into /opt/crosstool/gcc-4.6.0
 - say --target=armv7l to rpmbuild

This is built from the tip of the linux-2.6.39-mlscratch branch at - if you clone that
repo, you can just say

 make ARCH=arm xo_1_75_rpm

By default it'll use /tmp/olpc-kernel as the scratch build dir --
provision it accordingly. If you're building on XOs, external HDDs
need a powered hub...

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC