[support-gang] using usb2vga with 11.2.0 and 10.1.3

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:12:37 EDT 2011

Last update for today, promise :-)

On a fresh install of os23 on any of my XO 1.0's, (without moving the .ko
driver) with a VGA adapter , doing this first time try booting using 'boot'
from OFW,  the system will most often hang on the set localhost line right
after the [13.xxxxxxx]  'Allocated 8 output buffers' USB line.  If it hangs
right here,  if I now unplug the VGA adapter it continues to boot.

 If instead, the console lines on an OFW boot continue through the
[14.xxxxx]  and hang on the diisplay of libertas lines, then removing the
VGA adapter does not cause the boot to continue.  It sits there unhappily
idle.

So bottom line ruight now is that the 'workaround' for the intermittent
problem listed as in the ticket does not carry forward to 11.2.  I cannot
get it to give VGA outputon an XO 1.0 on build 11.2, at all.  External power
is in, and the VGA display is ready for all the above tests.

Awaiting more orders.

Cheers

KG