[Sugar-devel] FUSE for Journal?

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:58:55 EDT 2011

Not 100% sure, but the conditions changed a little bit since then:

* The journal integrates a better with external storage devices.
* There are good bindings for fuse (even in python).

I think that a fuse-based-network-file-system could be a pretty
flexible and valid option for entry-level backup in XS over LAN (for
that particular scope). I am not talking about running an OS on top of
it, or using it to replace the local storage over the internet.

Is just my opinion though based on what I have tested so far.