XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 09:06:57 EDT 2011

--- On Wed, 6/15/11, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "James Cameron" <quozl at laptop.org>, devel at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 8:09 AM
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:28 AM,
> Yioryos Asprobounitis
> <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > However, I do not think that "is not a big issue" if
> newer builds indeed make it worse.
>
> If you think newer builds make it worse, and can help us
> keeping track
> of it in detail, yes, we need and want your help.
>
> But your testing of a different OS means you have a
> different stack
> from what we ship. Can you test with a recent 11.2.0 dev
> image?

Why do you say that?
The attachment did have data from "virgin" os860 and 1.2.0 dev builds (os18-os22). It even indicates if Sugar or Gnome was used at the given 5-7 minutes segment.
The puppy data was because I was testing the touchpad power-cycle idea.
Could be easily done in official/dev builds too but tried to keep them as pristine as possible.

As I mentioned, better testing can be done using kbdshim debug data (assuming they do not affect behavior), but without a way to test in F9 builds the comparison will always be inconclusive and (correctly) labeled "subjective".

However, if anybody thinks that recording/knowing touchpad spur events pet touchpad transmitted bids could be of any value and triggers another look at the touchpad, I could try it.

Maybe