os22 on XO1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jun 3 09:47:47 EDT 2011

On 3 June 2011 14:42, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> On the machines I installed last night, it would appear that both the Sugar
> power setting check-boxes are now 'off' after a clean install.  Previously
> the top one, less aggressive, was checked on.  I actually prefer neither on
> for my use, but for those who may be testing resume issues, the install
> default would appear to have changed.

Thanks for being observant!

The change is intentional; we also did it in the 10.1 series. Idle
suspend was enabled during the development window to allow people to
easily test any solutions to our various outstanding issues, and then
disabled during final stages due to not having fixed the big issues.
The same has happened again.

Some of the issues are documented here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.3#XO-1_Automatic_power_management_issues

I'll be making a similar note in the 11.2.0 release notes.

Daniel