Removing linux-firmware from the build [Devel Digest, Vol 65, Issue 53]

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:41:18 EDT 2011

Yessir, the bad and ugly refer to the gstreamer addins, not the script. :-)

BTW  I added guvcview to the end of the yum line as well, as doing that
seemed to handle some of the weird LIBAVCODEC50 and 52 compatibility issues
that arose when I tried to install it separately.  Mikus helped us implement
the guvcview s/w elegantly for our USB external microscopes, instead of only
having cheese, and now even the install all happens with a light-touch
post-flash one-time install script.  Many of the dependencies for the
gstreamer and guvcview rpm's are the same, and this just lets the
localinstall routine sort it all out for us :-)

Cheers,

KG