New F14-arm build os31
martin at laptop.org
Thu Jul 28 16:35:19 EDT 2011
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
> The "Switch to Fedora-14" build.
Looks like we have major framebuffer performance diference in F14.
Comparing os23 (f13) and os31 (f14), both with the same kernel...
Camera to ximagesink is much better behaved. Quick test procedure
- Boot into sugar
- open Terminal activity
- sudo /runin/runin-camera &
- click on terminal window, start top
- move pointer to a corner to get frame, bring forward the gts-launch
window, move it so that you can read top's top lines
= os23 shows ~1% idle, 88.7user, 11%sys -- user time is split between
gst-launch (~70%) and X (~25%)
= os31 shows ~35% idle :-D -- 55% user, 6% sys -- gst-launch at 45%, X at 2%
Implode appears to be a bit faster too -- but it's hard to judge.
martin at laptop.org -- Software Architect - OLPC
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
More information about the Devel