New F14-arm build os21

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Thu Jul 21 00:14:14 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
>>  - Updates olpc-utils to disable X zapping and fix serial port terminal
>
> Initial testing seems to indicate serial port needs a bit more
> attention. I've also tested it with a newer kernel containing Paul's
> tty config fix, and it doesn't make a difference.

Looking at it again -- there is no apparent problem with using the
serial port, only an early msg in var/log/messages

Jul 21 04:07:36 localhost init: ttySx main process (33) terminated with status 1

But nothing seems to be broken

 - shutdown/reboot works correctly (and the plymouth workaround has
been removed)
 - switch to gnome / sugar works correctly
 - bash is respawned correctly if you exit

So an excellent cleanup. Thanks to James and Paul for this!

BTW, not sure what crossed my mind when I penned the announcement
email -- it's a F13 image. Alas, what a disappointment.

F14 images are pretty close however.

 - ask interesting questions