RE: Pulse Sensor: an Open Source Heart-rate Sensor that Rocks by Yury Gitman � Kickstarter

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:52:13 EDT 2011

Hi
Yes, the TurtleArt is slow to capture because it turn on the camera, wait for the pipeline, get a captureand save to the disk.. And after, the code load the image and analize it!
I make a plugin to the TurtleArt, that was derivated for another project...
It uses Pygame 1.9.1 (included in the plugin) that get a captures very fast...
The actual code is for detect a color and calibrate the code to "follow" this color... But is possible tomodify and make another things... The algorithm that detect the promedial color of a zone of a image is implemented by Pygame...
The code:
http://butia.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=butia/butia;a=tree;f=followme_plugin;hb=HEAD

The same code in a .xo activity called "FollowMe Butia" is used to control the Butia Robot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nnc9Rn9GbY

It's possible make anything with this?
Alan