Offer from gnome-i18n team

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:39:09 EDT 2011

Dear OLPC devel,

I have been trying to build links with upstream L10n communities that
translate the L10n bits we need and I recently sent this message to
gnome-i18n:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2011-July/msg00041.html

I would like to know how OLPC thinks it can make the best use of what
seems to me a very kind offer from Claude Paroz (GNOME i18n community
leader).  Just FYI, Claude has been very helpful and even offered
assistance with developing glibc locales (something that will be
needed for OLPC Oceania projects (for instance) when they get
localized.

I know that my listing on tracking tickets on Pootle is incomplete,
whereas something like:

http://build.laptop.org/11.2.0/os23/xo-1/os23.packages.txt

would be more complete.  Is there a simple link to the most current
packages in RC4 (873)?

Would GNOME's offer help OLPC to more easily pull it's packages (and
their L10n bits) or does OLPC tend to pull indirectly via Fedora
packages.  I'm afraid I do not understand the build process well
enough to judge the possible utility of this offer.  I was merely
appealing to the upstream teams to give priority to the packages we
use.

Regards,

cjl