11.2.0 release candidate 2 (build 871) released

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:11:46 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On 8 July 2011 14:05, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Abacus/Abacus-19.1.tar.bz2
>>> is a interim release of Abacus that only includes
>>> http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/abacus/mainline.git/commit/?id=d0e39b9a2976e6a579136e196f9cd1d6086a1d1d
>>>
>>> The before/after test case is as follows:
>>>
>>> 1. Go to the custom abacus toolbar by hitting the Gear icon
>>> 2. Create an abacus with 3 beads on the top and 10 beads on the bottom
>>> 3. Slide several sets of beads up from the bottom row and down from the top row
>>> 4. Create an abacus with 1 bead on the top and 1 bead on the bottom
>>> 5. Observe if some beads are misplaced off the top and bottom of the
>>> new custom abacus
>>
>> Thanks for doing this, but your test case fails for me.
>> Tested with: http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/activities/Abacus-19.1.xo
>>
>> after making the first abacus I have:
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110709/abacus1.png
>>
>> then I create the new smaller one and I get:
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110709/abacus2.png
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Wow. I wonder if somehow the patch did not get included in v19.1. I'll
> investigate.

I have retested v19.1 and I cannot reproduce the error. I'll do more
testing, but can you please double-check that you have the correct
version installed (that the line self.abacus.mode.reset_abacus() is in
AbacusActivity.py).

thanks.

-walter

--