11.2.0 successful XO-1 olpc-update, keyboard woes

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 22:44:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 07:26, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 30 June 2011 12:32, S Page <skierpage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ctrl+Alt+Neighborhood to switch to console doesn't work, nor do other
>> Ctrl+Alt+Fn combinations.
>
> Strange. Ctrl+Alt+F2 and F3 should take you to terminals, and F1 back
> to sugar. Can you reproduce this?

They now work!  I'm fairly certain they wasn't working at first, maybe
this is related to the copy/paste key combinations not working at
first.  But I started a new Terminal activity and Shift+Ctrl+C/V
aren't working (until I activated the Edit menu) and yet those console
key combinations worked from the beginning.

The ordering is different than it was before, so I added a section to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Terminal_Activity#The_Console , dunno if
this warrants a release note .  Also, Ctrl+Alt+Activity View (F4?)
takes me to a blank screen with an underlined cursor, and it later
filled up with some kernel messages.  This "read-only console output"
session seems new, I think in 10.1.3 console output appeared in one of
the regular VTs.

>> Also, pressing left and right mouse buttons simultaneously used to
>> paste the primary selection in Terminal, I think because this
>> simulates a middle-click and that's been the middle mouse button
>> behavior in UNIX. Not any more.
>
> Did this definitely work in 10.1.3?
> Sounds like an unintentional change if that is the case.

Almost certainly.  Unfortunately I only have the one XO-1.

--
=S Page