11.2.0 Test cases

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 26 15:43:15 EST 2011

greenfeld at laptop.org said:
> I am starting work on a set of test cases to use for the Fedora 14 x86
> (XO-1.0 & 1.5) 11.2.0 build.

Neat/thanks.

How about making a list of IO devices that are likely to be used with a XO
and making sure they each get at least a quick test?

It's probably worth collecting recipes that were used to demonstrate old
bugs.  The idea is that bugs tend to be in tricky sections of code and
running the recipe again after the usual development churn is likely to
tickle a new bug in the same area.  It's a lot of work, but my experience
many years ago was that it was embarrassingly effective.

Is there a UI capture/replay mechanism?  That might allow automating lots of
testing.