Version numbers for XO-1/XO-1.5 vs XO-1.75 releases

Carlos Nazareno object404 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:04:33 EST 2011

> Subject:
> OTOH, we could drop the "year/major" token and replace it with a
> Fedora token, leading to "F14.1" (or perhaps F14.1.1) which I think is
> a better name. Tracks what we actually do.

This sounds the like least confusing option IMHO. People new to the
OLPC software ecosystem will have a better time understanding the OS
version if it's like this and help standard linux users "at a glance"
on the name.

Downloading different packages built for different base OS (Fedora,
Ubuntu) versions has been a problem for me.

--
carlos nazareno
http://twitter.com/object404