Upgrading XO-1.5 Firmware

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jan 19 17:54:38 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 05:37:49PM -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> But I'm getting
> u:\q3a62.rom:0: line too long for input file
> The file specified 0 chunks but wrote only two chunks
> I'm working with an USB key of 8gb.

I've just tested here.  Downgraded to Q3A48, then upgraded to Q3A62,
using a 4GB USB drive.  No issues.  I've no 8GB USB drive, but a 160GB
USB HDD also works.

Please try again with a different USB drive.

Please try using "dir u:\" on the affected 8GB USB drive.  This may show
there is an incompatibility between OpenFirmware and the filesystem on
the drive.  Was the factory format changed?  What filesystem type is on
the first partition?

If the content of the USB drive can be safely lost, please also try

	ok mkdir u:\test
	ok mkdir u:\test\test
	ok dir u:\test
	ok dir u:\test\test

(this exercises write and then multiple rapid opens of the device).

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/