dracut information

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:17:02 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> You actually need a bit more than that.  I have a bug filed to include
> an olpc configuration file for dracut so that will work.  Take a look
> at
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10592 and see if it helps you out.  Just
> download the attached olpc.conf file into  /etc/dracut.conf.d and then
> re-run dracut to generate your image.

+1 on the bug -- this is an annoyance for devs. For the record, since
I learned that the kernel rpm triggers the dracut rebuild, is to
reinstall the kernel rpm or `rpm --query --scripts kernel | grep
dracut` and look for the dracut line.

Run that line and place the resulting initramfs in
/versions/boot/current/boot/ as indicated in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Kernel

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions