[Sugar-devel] acti-plications: write once, run anywhere?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 21:57:28 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Erik Blankinship <erikb at mediamods.com> wrote:
> If my acti-plication has dependencies that are not part of the underlying
> build, do I need to install them on the gnome side first?

It's not technically at the gnome side... you have to install them in
the system :-)

 - Power users, developers with an XO, will use yum (or a GUI frontend
to yum) to install the required libs, and the gnome app.

 - Typical users in an OLPC deployment will often depend on the OS
image having the libs installed -- as it happens now with the examples
I've given earlier.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions