dracut information

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:23:00 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Nic Alvaro <nicalvaro at lavabit.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 17:58 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Nic Alvaro <nicalvaro at lavabit.com> wrote:
>> > Detected XO-1
>> > subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ['/bin/mount', '-t', 'vfat', ro', '/dev/sdal', '/mnt/usb'] returned non-zero exit status 32
>> > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>>
>> Looks like your not building your initrd. You can get all the
>> information you need with 'man dracut' and 'dracut --help'
>
> Last I checked that's what dracut was for. So I thought that the below
> command should produce an initial ramdisk image that is sufficient to be
> this thing called initrd.
>
> $ sudo dracut image `uname -r`

You actually need a bit more than that.  I have a bug filed to include
an olpc configuration file for dracut so that will work.  Take a look
at
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10592 and see if it helps you out.  Just
download the attached olpc.conf file into  /etc/dracut.conf.d and then
re-run dracut to generate your image.

Hope that helps.

Jon