Record activity performance

James Cameron quozl at
Thu Jan 13 18:08:29 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 09:04:11AM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> no longer uses SSL (use https if you want
> it). Can you please give it a go and tell me if it does/doesn't make
> an improvement? If not, we can revert to forcing SSL.

It makes an improvement.

Tested on an idle HSDPA link, with 247ms average latency to  (Other users on satellite would notice even stronger

Page load times in Firefox, with empty cache, using scripted activation:  about one second  about four seconds

With cache:  about one second  about three seconds

Fetch of only the base page without images, using curl:  avg 1.14 sec, std dev 0.43  avg 1.48 sec, std dev 0.74

(I did see strange delays on firefox force reload of but they do not occur with curl, so
I suspect there's a strange thing happening with an image somewhere,
probably the one.)

James Cameron