[Testing] Software update problems in OLPC 10.1.3

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Thu Jan 13 10:09:35 EST 2011

Help-12 is in the G1G1 set, as well as the G1G1Lite set for 10.1.3.
This update issue therefore would be somewhat unexpected.  I just
checked on an XO-1.5 I upgraded from 10.1.2 and it does have Help-12.
Some more debugging likely is needed for your case.

Another activity which we know has upgrade problems is Scratch, because
older versions used the YYYYMMDD date for the version internally versus
a small incrementing number, and the updater sees the larger date
"number" as newer than version 17.

As mentioned by Gonzalo, please remove the /home/olpc/Activities/.groups
hidden file if you haven't already after upgrading to 10.1.3.  This file
from 8.x builds overrides the update URL used in newer versions of
Sugar.  There was discussion about attempting to do this automatically
but this feature did not make the current release candidate build.