os-builder: does not bailout on custom script failure?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:49:07 EST 2011

I'm debugging a script used with olpc-os-builder's custom_module
script, and funny enough, the build continues even if the script bails
out with obvious stuff (like shell syntax errors).

Looking at build/intermediates/build.ks, it does say --erroronfail,
and set -e. My script does say set -e as well.

Running this script outside of ks, I get exit 1 and exit 2 on the same
errors that continue under the oob process.

If the script is not executable, oob also skips it; again the build.ks
file seems to say that it will bail out but it doesn't.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions