Pending xkeyboard-config OLPC patches

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Feb 24 14:44:12 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Paul Fox <pgf at> wrote:
> i'll cut to the chase and say that i'm completely confused by what's
> happened, or not happened, and by what you've done to make it better.
> in other words, it's probably all fine.  ;-)

Ok. So for the F11 series, you and Sayamindu worked on the
'keyboard-data' repo. It had some issues...

 - It has an "initial import" that wasn't upstream's pristine 1.5 --
it was 1.5 plus several patches (the patches Fedora rpms were applying
at that exact time, plus some of ours... but not all). So I studied
the delta between pristine and our "import" to trace all changes.

It paid off -- there was a one line change that wasn't in any patch,
and I think it'd have bitten us.

 - That repo also has dropped some patches that were present (and of
value) the F9 rpm. Notably the 'olpc2 for es' patch that is discussed
@ . Same with the patch for . I don't know if this was
intentional. I've re-merged the #9126 patch. I strongly suspect that
#5060 is addressed in a different way now.

Were these patches removed for a good reason? Perhaps you can remember...

> what i don't understand from your messages so far re: keyboards is,
> what exactly is wrong?  which keys, on which keyboards, for which
> languages, don't work?

So we discovered that olpc-utils has a code block for #9126, which
triggers, but there is no es / olpc2 definition.

>  > all at
> when i try and clone this repo, it seems to work fine until the very
> end, then says:

Sorry - fixed now.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC