Pending xkeyboard-config OLPC patches

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:30:38 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Sergey V. Udaltsov <svu at gnome.org> wrote:
> As usual, I prefer to use bugzilla for patches. You can use one bug for
> all patches, or group them somehow, if you find it suitable.

Thanks! Filed

34732 Merge OLPC es / olpc2 keyboard map
34738 Merge OLPC "mechanical" keyboard maps (us and es)
34730 Merge OLPC AF keyboard map
34734 Merge OLPC et keyboard map updates
34735 Merge OLPC kz keyboard map updates
34736 Merge OLPC mn keyboard map updates
34737 Merge OLPC np keyboard map updates

I am not familiar with patch workflow for xkb so if there's specific
info you need in all of them, you can say so via email or only in one
of them.

The patches actually come from Sayamindu and Paul Fox, they understand
the xkb machinery in any case.

I also wonder if there's a better way given our situation -- we often
roll new keyboards into production. Does xkb define an alternative
directory where an rpm could install additional keyboard definitions
without patching xkeyboard-config the time?

Of course, once defined and stable, we'd get them into
xkeyboard-config proper, but what I see is that we define keyboards
(and include them in our builds) in a rush, and then polish the
definitions over the next year or so... with this dynamic we'll always
be shipping a patched xkeyboard-config.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions