Flash

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 23 21:02:25 EST 2011

No, there is no "best practice" rule.

The problem with "best practice" is that every practice must be
evaluated before one can be claimed to be "best".  I don't think there's
anyone doing that.  It would be a difficult task; the phase space has
dimensions of (a) hardware model, (b) operating system, (c) desktop, (d)
browser, (e) plugin, and (f) content or web site.

I've tested Browse and Firefox with the Adobe Flash plugin in the past
week or so.  My data point in the phase space:

(a) XO-1.5
(b) 10.1.3
(c) GNOME or Sugar
(d) Firefox or Browse
(e) flash-plugin-10.1.102.65-release.i386.rpm
(f) googleartproject.com

Result: good.

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash especially the Installation
sections for "Browse Activity", and "Firefox Browser (on GNOME)".  The
rest of the page isn't really something I've verified.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/